Sunday, October 23, 2011

Coffee Table Facelift...

This week I had the honor of working
for one of my favorite clients...
You can check out the other tables I did for her {here}.
Anyways.. This week I worked on her coffee table,
& this time she wanted something very different
then the last tables. She wanted a very clean
crisp white with a pop of color...


Before {Well, Sort of...} 
via
Before the table was shabby chic & a cream color with brown
baskets. The table was not brand new & had some
wear & tear as well. But me being to hasty, forgot
to get a before picture, but I found the exact table online.


To spice up the baskets I used my trusty
Catalina Mist spray paint...


I recommend priming the baskets before using 
the spray paint so the color is more pigmented
& it will use up less spray paint to 
cover the baskets.


I kept the hardware the same per request
of the client & I think it really
adds to the crisp look of the table.


This coffee table has so much storage,
great for having kids {like the client does}.
She stores toys in the baskets & the two drawers
which you can access from both sides.


I suggest using spray paint to spruce up
some baskets you have lying around your house,
it adds a pop of color & it's a big change for a little cost.


This is a perfect example of how shabby chic 
is not always necessary... clean lines can
add a refreshing simple element to any room.
Having a simple piece of furniture to off set some antique
pieces is very beautiful & can balance the room out well.


The feet on this coffee table are another
element I am in love with. 
Colorful baskets + Fresh White Paint + Cute feet = Love


Hope you loved this table makeover.
How was your weekend? Mine was wonderful...
Great times with friends & enjoying time with my husband.
I saw Paranormal Activity 3.. & holy crap.. I love scary
movies, but that one really scared me to the max... have
you seen the movie? what did you think....
If you have any furniture makeovers you want to share
go link them up on Liz Marie Blog Facebook page..
I would love to see them!!
xx Liz Marie

42 comments:

  1. I love how bright and fresh it looks! The baskets look great in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the first comment. i think "fresh" is the perfect word for it. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! This table looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it---but the color of the baskets sends it over the top! where are you finding the great spray paint colors??? my HD & Lowes just don't have those fab colors!!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat idea on painting the baskets!! Very simple but dramatic change...LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a simple solution that looks beautiful. Perfect! Question though, how hard was it to spray paint wicker and how many spray cans did you end up using for that job?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good question! It actually took me 2 cans of the spray paint for 4 baskets for the top bottom inside and outside (about 2 coats) with the primer it made it a lot easier to cover. It's actually not that bad. Thanks for bringing up that great question!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like new!

    Found your blog through Blog it Forward Tuesday. I'm in the middle of redoing my hobby room. I'll definitely be using your site for ideas!

    http://www.shopnmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh, it's GORGEOUS!! Love the blue and white...swoon!

    Deborah ♥ (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/... hope you'll drop by and say hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love it with the blue baskets! i never would have thought to paint them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Painting the baskets that pretty soft blue colour really makes a difference. Just a small thing that can make such a dramatic change to the whole piece. LOVE!

    I'm happy to have discovered your blog via {primp} today!

    Kathryn @ TikiBoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing redo!!! The baskets are sooo cute! great job ;)

    Jessica @ oceansidedaydreams.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet restyle I'm loving the catalina mist. Very nice you never disappoint!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a beautiful job on this table! Love the pop of color in the baskets! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color of the baskets. This would look great in my home :) You did a really terrific job. If you have a chance to share at my party, I'd love it! http://www.momontimeout.com/2011/10/taking-timeout-thursday-link-party-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. It doesn't even look like the same table! I love painting wicker -- just painted some of my waste baskets this fall to match the rooms I updated. Such a great way to spruce things up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! Spray paint can fix so much :) I love your blog!

    Your newest follower,
    Abby
    i---create
    (come take a look if you like)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have used that color spray paint before. This is beautiful! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lisa Marie...this coffee table is lovely!! Love that you painted the baskets. Super fun & functional! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beachy and refreshing! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love this table makeover!
    Sarah
    www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The table looks fantastic. I love the idea of painting the baskets for a touch of color.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!!! Love it!! That little touch of blue makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks really good. I've been looking for that color of spray paint and I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The table looks great, and I love the color of the baskets! I may need to try that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the idea of spray painting the baskets. Great idea.

    P.S. I came here from A2D's link party!

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful! love that shade of spray paint and glad to find you on the tt&j linky party

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow! amazing difference the painted baskets make! Love that shade of blue? green?
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty. Love the color combo. Is it hard to give them back after? lol
    No, didn't see it. I skip horror movies now. I turned into a big chicken. he he
    Again, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the blue! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is the best color choice! I love how fresh it makes those baskets! What a great makeover! Thanks for supporting Show & Share each week! I love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love the colors! Great job! Thanks for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks wonderful. I am so glad I found your blog-definitely bookmarking it! My husband and I just moved to pendleton (ORAHH) and i've been slowly making addition to the house. Hope your enjoying Lejune.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am getting ready to subscribe to your blog for emails. I do not want to miss out on what you are doing! I love this transformation and have enjoyed transforming baskets with spray paint too! My readers would LOVE to meet you. We are having a "Meet Me Monday" linky party! I would love if you would show off your stuff there! http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/2011/11/meet-me-monday-10.html Love, Me

    ReplyDelete