Monday, November 15, 2010

A Welcoming Entryway...

     This past February, Jose & I went under contract to build our home. He was deployed at that time, so the house was built while he was gone.  It was a long five months while it was being built because I wanted it to be perfect for him when he came home from his deployment. The house was completed in June & he came home in August, so I had two months to decorate & make it ours. Our house is an open concept, You can see most of the house when you walk in the front door so there is not a defined entryway. So I had to make my own entryway that would invite guests into our home. This is one of many blog posts that will give you some quick views into our home. While the entire entryway is not completed yet, this is what I have come up with so far...



I took an antique dresser & made it the entry table for guests to set their things...



You can use any table that fits in the area you have or as in my case, a dresser! It really helps define the space & adds a better flow to your home.



Above the entryway table I hung a shelf. On the shelf I placed three mini shadow boxes that I made with Vintage keys hanging inside.



O, Hey Mom! I placed a picture of my mom & I, along with two vases. The flowers are my favorite flower, hydrangeas. Love them! Another reason why I love these silk flowers is because they were given to me by one of my favorite people of all time, my grandma. So every time I look at them I think of her.


I love everything about this dresser, it's one of my favorite things in our house. It has so much character right down to it's little legs.


Hope you enjoyed a quick view of my entryway. Wouldn't a cute coat rack look amazing in this space? I thought so too!I will be sure to post updates on it as I add more to it. Leave some comments & let me know what you think. Have an amazing day & God bless!


Love Always,

6 comments:

  1. Please come and decorate my house! :( All of your decorations are sooo beautiful! I'm almost POSITIVE you could get an interior decorating job like THAT if you just showed pictures of your house alone! AHHH! PLEASE decorate my house! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha It is one of my dream jobs.. Just have to get my foot in the door! Thanks so much for the compliment/encouragement! Means a lot. I will keep you posted on when I become one, you can hire me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great decorations girl!
    Thank you soo much for stopping by my blog!
    It means sooo much to be on your "LOVELY BLOGS" list... I feel soo special!

    Stay in touch!

    xoxo
    Blanca
    http://blanca1018.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What color did you paint with? What was your process? Did you use a wax before distressing? What did you use to distress? I have a similar piece and want to do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful color, so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know what color of paint this is? SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete