Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rolling With The Punches...


Have you ever had a time in your life where you were like, "Why me?!?" Well I just so happened to say that today. As many of you know I am married to an amazing marine, Jose, and as the military does some pretty awesome things for our lives, it also has it's low points which are to be expected. As a marine wife I have been though two seven month deployments in the past two years, and countless other months away from him while he was training. He is on night crew most of the time, and we hardly get to see each other with my full time job. I am a very strong, independent girl, but It's not always fun to be the one who always has to be strong. Yesterday we got some pretty shocking news that could possibly dramatically change our lives for the next three years. It's not for sure, so I won't go into details, but I will be sure to keep you all posted. This news made me angry, and all I could think was negative thoughts.

     So I got to thinking of ways I could handle difficult situations that occur in my life in a better way. It is so easy to look at the negatives when an unexpected change comes up. Why not look at it in a positive light? When I heard the news last night, my first reaction was to get angry, but does that really help? I am learning as I grow as a person that life is a whole lot prettier when we look at it in a positive light. Try making a list of positives that could come out of the change. Focusing on the positives will make the negatives seem insignificant in comparison. This morning on the way to work I sang at the top of my lungs to the radio to get my day started off right, and to get me in a positive mood. Why make every positive in your life a negative over one little thing? Find something that helps you get out of your funk, whether its singing in the car, shopping, exercising, talking, whatever makes you focus on happiness. For me, there is nothing more powerful than prayer. Talking to God during high and low times always makes me humble, and focus on how blessed I truly am.

     So are you ready for my positive list from the effect of the marine corps on my life? Here we go.. *Job security *A sense of pride for the both of us * Payed off two new cars * I get to see my husband in uniform *Helps pay for College *We built a beautiful house together *We get to see other places in the world * Meeting people from every part of the country * Free food at Golden Corral on Veterans day.. haha okay the list goes on, but you get the point. Try it! You may turn that negativity in your life into a huge positive change for yourself.


    Remember that everything happens for a reason, and if you can't control the situation you might as well make the best of it. Living life with a smile on your face is way more fun. A positive person is a happy person, and let's face it, we all just want to be happy. Go find the opportunities in all of your difficulties!

 "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
- Winston Churchill


 Happy 235th Birthday Marine Corps
Semper Fi




Love Always,







3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! You guys make a stunning couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower! :D
    I already love your blog!
    You guys make such a beautiful couple
    and great pictures by the way!
    :D

    Hope you can come check out my blog as well!!

    xoxo
    Blanca
    http://blanca1018.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete